Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wow! (Frantically)

Today is NOT the 28th day of October--it can't be! Why, just yesterday it was the 10th or 11th, wasn't it? I've eaten up most of the M&M's I bought for Halloween, so now I'll have to go to the store again.

The crux of the matter is that four days from now, I'll be writing one-to-two-thousand words of a novel, and haven't made up my mind about what. Besides, November was an unwise choice of writing month--I've got a clinic appointment on the sixth, which will also be voting day, I think. Guess I'll just have to vote a straight ticket, if they'll still let you do that.

And then there's Thanksgiving somewhere in there, and three or four Sister Suppers. Lots of sleeping and cooking to get done--I've sworn Mo off of canned cat food, and have to find some people-food that he likes every day.

By Ned, if I write 50,000 words next month in the middle of all that hooraw, I'll be so proud of myself, I'll have to get a bigger hat!
*
After I wrote that, I scanned through the Big Baby manuscript and deleted about a hundred "justs." I don't know if it's true with all amateur writers, but "just" seems to turn up in my writing, every few sentences.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

I wonder who chose November for the NaNoRiMo month? November is such a busy time. Should have been February or August.