Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Man!

I'm having a spell of the visual aurae that the neurologist once said was migraine. Been so long since I had this, I almost didn't recognize it at first. There's no pain, just drifting clouds and flashing lights. I guess it's the equivalent of a headache, and it'll pass in a few minutes or so.

Yesterday the doctor reviewed all the medications I'm not taking, told me to get back on some of them, told me to quit smoking, got Onae to give me a flu shot, and sent me to the lab. Said he'd call me in a prescription if necessary, etc.

Mr. Obama is still presiident, and I hope they give him a little more cooperation and elbow room this term. A little is about all  you can hope for. It was trying to figure out how to vote on the state constitutional amendments that took so long at the voting place. Seemed to me, best I could decipher, that the state wants to go back a few decades--amendments to repeal amendments that that were made years ago. I hope the way I marked them didn't help to make things worse than they already are in this state. I hope.

This morning I got out my unfinished autumn leaf quilt (part of which is shown in the masthead of my blog), spread it out on the living room floor, and gave myself orders to finish the thing and redecorate the guest room around it, before Christmas. So that's my project for now--as soon as I can see again. I gave up on the November novel; didn't like the people in it.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Hope the lights and colors go away. I haven't had one of those in a long time, I'm glad to say.

This could be a poem.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The few times I've had the aura, I never got the headache. But it's still disconcerting.