Thursday, November 1, 2012

Slow Start on the Novel

Well, I wrote 800+ words this morning and ran out of steam. Maybe after I find something for lunch, I can add some more.

So we'll probably postpone the sister supper until a week from tomorrow, since Ramey is going to a writer's retreat in Florida for the weekend, Friday through Sunday. I hope she gets a lot of writing done, on her next book in the Moonlight Ridge saga.

Susan has a new maid, who left her house spick-and-span yesterday. Lucky her, poor me in comparison. But comparisons, as they say, are odious.

Last night I had three groups of trick-or-treaters, all dressed in delightful costumes. I gave them most of the candy, so maybe I won't get fat on what's left.

Yesterday evening I watched some episodes of Downton Abbey. I'm trying to get so familiar with it that, while I'm watching it with the family, I won't tear up and sob when Thomas cries or Bates kisses Anna.

No comments: