Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Poem

Went to the LAC poetry group meeting yesterday evening. This time, there were about twenty people there. I read this little new poem, that needs a lot of work:

The Near-Sighted Shepherd

There was heavenly music, and dazzling lights,
and we all looked up at the sky;
I saw what looked like some fuzzy white lambs,
but thought they were clouds floating by.

When someone said “Angels!” I wanted to weep
because of my poor feeble sight
that couldn't see angels but only some sheep
and a light that made day of the night.

When the “lambs” started singing, I suddenly could see
more angels than stars in the skies!
But the Babe in the manger, to me, seemed to be
a Lamb with heavenly eyes.

by JRC 11/26/12

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wonderful. I think this is my favorite of your poems. At least of the ones I remember.