Tuesday, December 4, 2012

James James Morrison's Mother

Today I drove down to the end of the town, and got back in time for tea. I wanted to see what has been built where Uncle Doug's house used to be, and I think the Canterburys'. There's nothing at all there, but Leeds stretches several blocks further on towards the trestle, all kinds of what might be little businesses.

Then I went and bought a Christmas wreath, so now I've got to find something that will enable me to hang it on the door, which is made of glass.

Then I went by Sonics and ordered a bacon cheeseburger. When I got home, in the Sonics bag was a bacon-and-egg sandwich, but by then I didn't care any more.
*
The news says that Voyager I, which left earth in 1977, is now 11 billion miles from the sun. I'll bet that's where Elvis went, and when he gets back, he'll still be middle-aged, and the rest of us will be dust.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Damn. I wrote a long comment, then when I had to "sign in" my comment disappeared.

Just said, I went to school with J.B. Canterbury and haven't thought about him for years. but I think he lived in Irondale, and I think his granmother was a friend of Dovie Satterfield's.

Also for the wreath, you need one of those angular metal over-the-door hooks that you hang the wreath on.

Joanne Cage said...

I think I've got one of those metal things, somewhere in my hoard.

Anna Mac Canterbury was the one I remember. I guess she was about Betty Lou's age.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

And Nora and Joe Becker lived down there too. Nora had her beauty shop there.