Friday, December 28, 2012

A Hitch In My Get-Along

Did you ever have a "crick" in your neck? Of course, you did. Well, I've got one in my left leg. Makes walking sort of House-like and painful. But I'll give it the usual treatment: Ignore it till it goes away. Only, it's hard to ignore, because sometimes you have to walk.


I've always wanted one of these "brilliant-cut" glass paperweights for my collection. I received this one as one of my birthday presents. If the sun had been shining, I could've got a prettier picture.

So now I'm officially old. The "Old Party."*

"I grow old, I grow old,
I wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."**

At least I've got pretties to play with and a little bit of money to spend, and my name as a poet is locally renowned with half-a-dozen or so people.***

*Somerset Maugham
**T.S. Eliot
***"The Bohemian Girl," Balfe

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hope your crick goes away soon. And you're not old. I'll tell you when you get old. You're not old yet, and neither am I. But I could use an overhaul.

Ramey Channell said...

Glad you got the faceted (with facets) paper weight. I remember taking piano lessons from Mrs. Rogers (Mrs. Roy Rogers) and while I was waiting for my turn, I spent the whole time sitting on her couch looking through a glass decanter stopper. She was always fretting because she was afraid I'd break it, but I never did.