Saturday, December 15, 2012

Light In the Tunnel

If anybody ever tells you that coffee doesn't help, send them to me for education. Woke up this morning with my usual plodding, hopeless anxiety, although not as bad as usual. After a cup of coffee, I began to feel, "Well, Sista, evathang gonna be awright."

And then my cousin Chris emails me a beautiful video of people singing Christmas carols in a mall. I didn't even know that Chris remembered me or knew I was alive. Chris is my cousin Bill's son, and he looks like Santa Claus or Dale Short, all those dear people with big white beards. Bill was my first cousin once removed, so I guess Chris is my first cousin twice removed, or my third cousin, or just one of God's chillun. Anyway, I love him.

So what I'm going to do today, Lord willing, is to finish straightening up and decorating and so forth.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think Chris looks like Bear Claw Chris Lapp (Will Geer) in the movie Jeremiah Johnson.
I've seen that video. It's great.

Ramey Channell said...

Glad you have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. And I heartily endorse the therapeutic, and recreational, use of coffee.