Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmasy Stuff

I long ago picked up an old raggedy tablecloth at a yard sale. I bleached and ironed it, and made the apron that this doll is wearing.

Mama gave me this old doll in the late sixties or early seventies. I named her Sylvia, after my cousin Sylvia Ramey, and because it's my favorite girl's name.


Later on, I made a bunch of Christmas stockings and gave one to almost everybody I knew. I kept these two:
















The white one is made from the remains of the tablecloth, and the knit one from an old sweater.

***
Seems like every day, I wear myself out thinking of all the dirty jobs around the house that I should be doing. And I do tackle one of them, every now and then, but I don't last very long at them. It gripes my soul to admit that I'm old, but one has to take 156 years into consideration (I feel twice as old as I'll be on the 27th of this month). So, I guess I'll just muddle along, striking a lick at the house when I feel a modicum of energy, and letting the rest of it wait till some sunny day.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

That little apron is beautiful!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That apron is so pretty! I still have the stockings you gave me and the kids.