Sunday, February 10, 2013

Old Wine In a New Bottle

I bought a new dress. Since it's the first time that has happened in many years, I thought it worth mentioning.

I tried it different ways, but it won't print vertical.

If I had got a 10, the sleeves would be too short.

It's a bit fancy for a dress that may be doomed to hang in the closet until the shoulders are discolored, like several others that I've never worn. It's a little short for an old lady of 156 years, but what the heck.

I can't wait for an excuse to wear it, or at least to try it on. I may have to go get my hair curled and colored first.

More than that, yesterday I ordered a pair of high wedge-heeled black shoes--the only pretty pair of shoes I've seen in years.

So sometime this week I may go to the Pants Store and replace my old L.L. Beans with a new pair of jeans. Then I'll be all set for another decade or so.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

I love that dress! Quite stunning! And the shoes are great!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

It's all quite lovely. And, my dear, we are never too old for anything that we decided we want to do. Wear that dress. You'll be beautiful.