Saturday, February 2, 2013

Man In a Short-Sleeved Shirt

A disturbing dream:

This guy kept following me around the house, and I kept yelling at him to get out. I had already succeeded in making all his buddies get out, but he kept grinning and making jokes, while I was trying to lock all the windows. It was an old house with about a hundred windows, with those old-timey latches at the top, and some of the locks were missing. And some of the windows were just glass panels set in that wouldn't open anyway. The man finally left, and I locked the door behind him.

*

I guess the groundhog saw his shadow this morning. But I forget the significance of that. Will spring be late or early?

Four Seasons Miniature Quilt

4 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Dream analysis: this means that there is some aspect of your personality that you're trying to supress. If it was a wild animal in your house it would represent your sexuality, but a guy in a short-sleeve shirt telling dumb jokes represents your nerd-ality.

Joanne Cage said...

Thank you, Dr. Fraud.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Dr. Fraud, indeed. If the groundhog saw his shadow, it scared him and he crawled back in his den to sleep six more weeks till spring time. If he had not seen his shadow, he would have stayed out and spring would be early. I hear Puxatawney Phil, the official rodent, stayed out. So at least Pennsylvania should have an early spring. I don't feel like we've had much of a winter for several years.

Ramey Channell said...

Dear Blackberry Creek - Have you recently been dreaming about Puxatawney Phil?