Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good Days

Jed came over Thursday afternoon, and we played Dixit at Susan's until everyone got tired from eating too much cake. On Friday afternoon, we attended the funeral service for a good school friend, Paul B., and met up with lots of people we hadn't seen in a long time.

When I got back home, I remarked to Jed that I hoped my funeral would be as happy as Paul's was. His sister-in-law "entertained" with a eulogy that was full of Paul's virtues, foibles and funny sayings, as well as a few nostaligic tears for the loss of his good company.

Then Friday evening we gathered at Susan's again for "game night," and Jed went back to Atlanta early this afternoon.

Susan "loaned" me her bin of orange fabrics, some of which I hope to pair up with some old blue cloth to make a quilt.

*
Part of the excitement at Susan's house involved Jesse's cats and Susie's dogs. There are only two of each, but it seemed like a houseful. Lots of fun.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

It was a good time. And I think that laser pointer had the animals stirred up on Thursday.

See you next Thursday, and have a great Easter!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

It was an amazing weekend. I felt good and had fun. Thank you and my handsome nephew for being a great part of it.