Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Apis

Yesterday I saw several honey bees. I don't know if they're blooming weeds, or if the grass puts out blossoms, but the whole front yard was covered with tiny blue and yellow flowers, with a few dark pinks that looked like little sweet-peas.

I guess those precious little flowers, plus the leafing-out of the trees, account for the layers of yellow pollen on everything.

I've got all the colored pieces cut out for my Jacob's Ladder quilt. Just need to cut out the white, and start sewing it all together. I think this is the first time I've ever gone about making a quilt by cutting out all the pieces beforehand. But I'm working with mainly scraps, and wanted to make sure I had enough of everything before I start sewing. It'll be a mini- or lap-quilt, about 42x54 inches. Unless I decide to put borders around it. Nah.

Anyway, I was happy to see the honey bees. At least they're not yet extinct around here.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

Where would we be without the bees!