Thursday, September 26, 2013

Grrrrrr!!!

Yesterday I replaced the black cartridge in my printer, and spent a couple of hours afterward trying to get the printer to work. I tried every trick I've ever thought of, taking the cartridges out and putting them back, pushing the cartridges back and forth, turning the printer off and on, unplugging it and starting over, over and over again. This morning I've spent an hour going through the same efforts, and it still says "clear cartridge jam" and "cartridge missing or not detected."

Yes, I removed the plastic covering the ink in the new cartridge. Yes, I followed the animated instructions of how to clear the cartridge jam, dozens of times.

What it is, I've been trying to print my manuscript, a few pages at a time, so that I can mail it to myself to date the copyright when I register it. Because that's what Leigh Anne at AlphaGraphics said to do, that's why. Also, so that if the $#!!%# computer goes up in smoke, I'll have a hard copy of the manuscript.

Getting the cartridges out and putting them back is so hard to do in the first place, I'm afraid I've damaged the whole mechanism, pushing it so hard.

No comments: