Sunday, September 1, 2013

"I Hope I'll Know It When I Get There"

I dreamed I was waiting for the traffic light to change so I could cross 8th Street. Some kids ran across, so I started across but glanced up at the light and it hadn't changed. By that time I was out in the intersection, and as I stepped back on the curb, Paul B. next to me frowned at me. Then the light changed and we all crossed 8th Street.

There, Randall from UAB joined the crowd waiting to cross the Parkway, but Randall went across against the light. I had sense enough to watch and wait for the light to change, then I crossed the Parkway, to the corner where people were waiting to cross 8th Street.

When the light changed, I crossed 8th Street and woke up, as I stood on the corner waiting to cross the Parkway.

***
Yesterday I bought a whole bunch of groceries, as I've invited everybody here for hot dogs and stuff tomorrow (Labor Day). Today I got an email from Jed; he has a bad summer cold, so he probably won't be able to come over tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Susan and Andy are coming, but haven't heard from anybody else. I may be eating hot dogs for the next month or so. Good thing that's my favorite food.

No comments: