Saturday, March 22, 2014

Book Signing

S
Date: Saturday, April 5, 2014
Time: 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Place: Leeds Arts Council

I went by the Arts Council yesterday and talked with Pam and Sandy, who set me up for a signing the first Saturday in April. They asked if I wanted to have refreshments. I could just imagine myself spilling libations all over everything, knocking over paper cups, etc. No, no refreshments. But I would love for everyone to come and give me moral support. I'm expecting a big crowd. Yeah, a great big crowd.
*
Cooking a pot roast for supper, and watching a good old movie--"Sergeant York," 1941. No wonder I always thought Gary Cooper looked old; he was 10 years older than my daddy. Also in this film are Walter Brennan, Ward Bond, Noah Beery, June Lockhart and lots of other old stars.
*
Here I've sat wondering how to ask Jim and Liz Reed to let me have a book-signing at Reed Books in Birmingham. And just now Jim posted on Facebook inviting me to sell books there! I shouldn't be surprised. He has always been so kind and gracious, to me and other writers.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I wish I lived closer to you. I'd be in the front of the line, cheering for you! You'll do great at your signing! Oh, last night I found Jim's bookstore and there I found his blog. I listened to him read and, my stars, he has a nice reading voice! Totally captivated me! Don't tell him that, well the nice voice part, but not the captivating part! Sort of sounds stalkerish! Anyway,I hope Mr. Postman delivers my book soon. I can't wait!
Happy Sunday!
Hugs

Joanne Cage said...

Thanks, Deb. As far as I can tell, Jim Reed is like us--he'd rather read than eat, but prefers to do both at the same time.