Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pterodactyl Time!

Major, major panic attack, Friday night and all day yesterday. When it began to let up, it was like the sun rising. But it was eleven o'clock last night. So I went to bed and slept off and on for fourteen hours.

Those spells are hard to describe. I remember a bad one that occurred when we lived in Montgomery. My husband was away on a business trip, and I called my friend Marzee. She got her older daughter to stay with my children, and she took me to a movie to see if it would distract me. The movie was "Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines," or something like that. I literally ran out into the street, not screaming. But running up the street for a block or so and back dissipated the panic attack. I'll have to remember that for next time. Running up the street in my pajamas, I'd probably get picked up and taken to the pokey.

I could run the 20-or-so steps up and down the deck, like Jack Aubrey pacing his quarterdeck.

*
No, the 1963 movie was "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World."

No comments: