Monday, September 14, 2015

Bye, Bye, Blue Bell

It's baaack!!!
 


I made me a Great Divide milk shake, and poured the last fourth of it out. I'm sure it tastes just as good as ever, but I seem to have lost my taste for it.

If Coca-Cola would make some gesture in recognition of Rosh Hashana, as it did for Ramadan, I would try drinking Cokes again. I wonder if that, too, would be disappointing.
***
I cooked a large amount of fresh spinach for lunch and had some left over. After draining and chopping that spinach for some time, I had about a cupful. So I added a small carton of sour cream, a little bit of salt, a lot of black pepper, a tablespoon of mayonnaise, a squeeze of lemon, and about two tablespoons of ranch dressing, and mixed it well, I assure you. In the pantry I had a package of tortilla chips, and I've been eating ever since.

I really don't think the proportions matter. You'll eat it anyway. You might sprinkle some paprika on top, but I don't especially like paprika. A dash of red pepper would be good. Garlic if you like it.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I have had spinach dip before, but your recipe sounds so much better. Laura and I are big fans of spinach and dips, so I'll see if she wants to try it out. I don't think my part of Indiana has Blue Bell ice cream. Ours is Blue Bunny and had a wonderful flavour called Blue Moon. It is one of those flavours that you love, but can't really explain its taste.It does have a quirk; you end up with a blue tongue!