Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pretty Good Substitute



I've invented a drink that's almost as good as Coke: 2 oz. cranberry juice "cocktail," 6 oz. 7up, a few ice cubes.

I've made a pretty good start on the new novel--two pages, which I reduced to two paragraphs, which I further reduced to two sentences. Instead of laboring so much over the rest of it, I'm going to try to finish the first draft in October.

Tomorrow is the deadline for entering the Alabama State Poetry Society's 2015 fall contests. I think I'll send "Naming the Beasts" and "The Ghost Who Walks." "Leaving Shambhala" has never won a prize, but it has been published, so I won't enter it.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I read your poem Leaving Shambhala and liked it. Poop on the judges.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I like cranberry juice mixed with ginger ale. I like Coke too but try to not drink it often because of so much sugar.