Friday, September 16, 2016

Page 295*

Mr. Norrell has given Mr. Strange a book! It's only the biography of a Mr. Tott, an obscure non-practicing magician who never wrote his own book on the subject. Probably no mention of the Raven King.

*Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke - I've been reading a few pages of this book, at random times, for two or three years now. Approximately 700 pages to go.
***
This afternoon I bought groceries, and when I got home, I sat in my car thinking, "I don't think I can get myself up those stairs, let alone a bunch of grocery bags."

Then I said, "Come on, you did ten push-ups yesterday." Of course, they were knee-pushups instead of toe-pushups, but the thought gave me the push I needed to get me and most of the groceries up the stairs.

No comments: