Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday

I dreamed Mama was sitting on the sofa, thumbing through my HGTV Magazine. She looked young but mighty skinny.

Also had a sort of nightmare--a college math exam where I aced all but the last two of ten problems. They were identical, and involved square roots of letters. When the exam was over, I asked the instructor to show me how to solve those two, and she couldn't.
***
Once a year, our "Open Circle" Leeds poetry group hosts the Birmingham Arts Journal group. I was thinking it was to be this Thursday, October 22, but it's not until the Thursday of next week. I've volunteered to furnish chips, dip, and soft drinks. The Saturday after that meeting, the Alabama State Poetry Society meets in Calera, Alabama, and Jed and I plan to go to the awards luncheon.

No comments: