Monday, March 11, 2019

House of Rose, by T.K. Thorne***

T.K. Thorne is a former police captain in the city of Birmingham, Alabama. She is also a fine novelist who has received awards and honors for her writing. House of Rose is her first venture into the genre of mystery and fantasy. It's a good story narrated by the protagonist Rose Bright, and it  introduces three hereditary and mysterious "houses," with two of them being at odds with each other. I said "introduces," because at the last page of the book, you just know a sequel is to be anticipated. The story blends the realistic details of police work with magic. This is our selection for the March book club meeting.

4 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Looks interesting. I might check out one of her other book first.

Joanne Cage said...

Jed - You might try Noah's Wife. I've read one of her other books but forget which. Noah's Wife (fictional, of course)is dyslexic. No, that's not it--she has Asperger's syndrome, whatever the common term is which I forget.

Joanne Cage said...

Autistic.

JD Atlanta said...

I just downloaded the first chapter. I'll take a look - thanks! Jed