Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The D.T.s in September

A long time ago, I wrote a vignette (fiction) every day for a month, limit 1,000 words each. I called them the Daily Themes, D.T.s for short. To get myself back into the writing mode, I'm going to do this starting Sept. 1, only this time they're supposedly going to be short-short stories, limit 2,000 words each. They're supposed to have a beginning, a middle, and a surprise or at least unexpected end. I have lots of scraps of stories tucked away in drawers and on the computer, and I may use some of them.

Tomorrow (August 30) will be my one-year anniversary of selling books on Amazon. I've sold more than 200; haven't tallied up yet what profit I've made, if any.

This is probably my best quilt, although it isn't my favorite. I made it in 1983, every stitch by hand, and it has more than 6,000 pieces. The pattern is Broken Sash. It has other names, too, but I don't remember what they are.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love the quilt--always have. Are you going to post your short shorts on the blog?