Saturday, August 11, 2007

It Aint Gonna Rain No Mo'?


Yesterday it rained 57 drops on the deck. Or was that Thursday?


This is the next quilt top I intend to make into a finished quilt, when I finish the one I'm working on now. I need to work faster, not smarter.

Just finished reading My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult, which is our book club selection for September. The book has a section in the back addressing different points in the story, which was helpful in deciding what to think about it, if you don't readily know what to think about it. I think the author could have spent a lot more time rewriting and cutting, instead of going over the same points so many times. Overall, it was a good story. My favorite characters were Anna and her pyromaniac brother Jesse. I thought the ending, although something of a cop-out, was appropriate, as it chopped the Gordian knot the characters had managed to tie themselves into.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I know what you mean about authors who write too much or repeat the same points too many times. I think the world needs more good editors!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Well, I meant to tell you not to read this book because I thought it would upset you. It upset me a lot. But I was a little too late, huh? The ending just made me mad. I understand her young son read it and wouldn't speak to her for a while after reading the ending. I agree about writers needing good editors--ones that can't be intimidated. --Suze

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh, and I just love love love that Log Cabin quilt. It gorgemous!