Sunday, October 7, 2007

Arbor Magna Mea

What do you see, a tangle of leaves,
a vine that must be attached to something?
To me, it's what I'll see looking up
when I'm standing under my muscadine arbor.

I think I wrote about it back in the summer, when it fell onto the ground and was full of berries. The critters ate them, and welcome to them, I never was fond of muscadines. But I want an arbor, I WANT an arbor, and somebody better do something about it. If they don't, I'll haul off and build it myself, and the results may not improve the property.


If you think it's tangled now, you should have seen it before I removed (the top half of) this pile of brush and limbs from it, including another vine that had poisonous-looking leaves, and another one that had long black bean hulls hanging down.


RIP? No, it's just a cover for the hole Gretchen dug while hunting a chipmunk.

No comments: