Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Just any old silver lining will do. . .

I had a hunch that the Kings and Queens book wouldn't last long on the Amazon site, so I read it, and it sold within hours. Now I'm wishing I had kept it, or priced it higher (it sold for ~$27). It was a modern edition of an old book, with a caricature and a funny poem for each English monarch starting with Wm. the Conqueror.

The weatherman predicts rain for tomorrow and Friday, or did last night. If that holds, I guess I'll put off the yard sale. Not ready, anyway. Mumble, mumble. I think I need to make another batch of biscuits to put me in a better humor.

I think Jed is coming over, the end of next week, maybe will be here for the book club meeting. So that's a bright spot to look forward to.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oooo! That would be great for Jed to be at book club. I hope he comes. I'm not going to be ready for a yard sale either. So if you do have it, you'll have to count me out.