Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting ready for the yard sale

Jed gave me this walking kangaroo from Australia, besides I like it, so it stays. The collapsible pussy-cat is from Buffy, and the collapsible rooster from Pat, and I wouldn't dream of parting with either. Sell my Cracker-Barrel bunny rabbit? Not on your tintype! Nothing wrong with him except a dog (Buck) toted him around the house for a few hours. I can't sell my camel, because I intend to collect camels, but the Ty monkey can probably go.

I only used that crock-pot once, about eleven years ago, but if I put this odd ceramic lid on it instead of the plastic one that came with it, I might use it all the time.

This aluminum angel candlestick will be lovely at Christmas. I know it's an angel, even though it doesn't look like one. And I may get a dog someday, so I'd better save old Buck's leash and the spare chew bone.

The British Byrd dolls and the Gene Marshall dolls didn't sell at the last yard sale. Hmmmm. Maybe if I gave up the nine boxes of clothes that go with them, someone would bite. But they'll all probably be worth a fortune someday.

A wooden plaque with decoupaged hot-air balloons! It matches my two china balloon plates. They'd make a lovely group on the wall facing the guest-room bed. And with this wire pineapple lamp on the night stand, the room will have a decorator feel.

Where did I get two identical tablecloths (or bedspreads), crocheted of coarse tan thread, weighing 16 pounds each?

I can certainly do without the stacks of New Yorkers, Smithsonians, and various needlework magazines; but first I have to go through them and cut out the articles and patterns I want to save. The ones I don't cut up could go in the next yard sale (in 2012).

Gee, I feel so carefree and industrious, getting rid of so much stuff!

No comments: