Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It Was Mary. . .

I saw Mama very briefly in a bright but misty dream. She looked like herself when I first remember her, but she was absolutely perfect, with glowing skin, light glancing off her soft dark-brown curls. She was seated outdoors at a table, totally absorbed in whatever she was looking at, and dressed in a long filmy-looking short-sleeved dress of pale yellow with peach-colored splashes of print. No, it wasn't a Scrabble game she was studying; she looked more like a dutiful schoolgirl trying to absorb a lesson.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I think that's wonderful. I don't know if it's a connection (so to speak) or not, but I don't think that matters. I think that Grandma is with God now, so in that way your dream is true.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think she's in all of us.