Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Scary

The good was the book club meeting yesterday afternoon at the library. Mable, Peggy, Susan, Pat and Jean attended. Great meeting. Afterward, I went by the P.O. and mailed a book. I started selling books on Amazon in August 2006. I've had 300 sales, and have more books now than when I started. That just doesn't listen right.


The bad was how totally exhausted I felt after the meeting. I slept from ~5 o'clock until the lights went out, and then spent an hour or so wandering around in the dark, finding the flashlight, lighting candles, then blowing them out when the power came back on, then sleeping until nine or ten this morning. The storms were the scary part; they were all over Alabama last night, and the Fox News site has hundreds of photos of clouds, rainbows, hail, and damage.

After heavy rain here, my lot is well drained except for the very lowest spot in the back yard.




1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Wow -- the lawn looks really dry! Is that dirt from the ditch towards the top of the picture?