Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nice Labor Day Weekend

Jed came over on Sunday and stayed until late Monday afternoon. We ate lunch at Chili's on Monday, then shopped at Target and Michael's. I bought myself a bunch of oils and acrylics.

Jed brought me a new memory card for my camera, also a couple of stretched canvases that he said he'd had "lying around." I didn't ask any questions. He also brought three of his books: the Derek Robinson that I want to read; Beethoven by Edmund Morris, and the book about Cicero, both of which I want to re-read. Sarum has about worn me out; if I don't finish it before the weekend, I'm going to abandon it. Too many words.

Books read in September 1998:

The Rest of Us (column), by Jacquelyn Mitchard (Very good.)
The Best Laid Plans, by Sidney Sheldon (Good story, indifferent writing.)
Poetic Meter and Poetic Form, by Paul Fussell, Jr. (Worth re-reading.)

No comments: