Friday, January 23, 2009

The Art and Aggravation of Boxmaking


When I turned on the computer this morning, I had an order for a Barbie doll (I sell a few non-book items). I bought it new when the Wild Berry Tea Room gift shop went out of business. The box has never been opened, and it's about 14 inches long by 6 wide, with a crushable plastic covering.

I found a box big enough to ship it in, the box that the TV stand came in. But I've been trying to construct an inner box to protect the plastic "dome" over the thing.

Goodness knows how much it's going to cost to ship it. It'll have to go parcel post, I guess. If I end up making five bucks, I'll consider it lucky.

This morning, off and on between working on the boxes, I started reading Shantaram, by Gregory David Roberts. It surely starts off fascinating; hope it continues thus. I thought I had read the beginning of it and didn't like it, but I was mistaken. It was some other book that I abandoned back before Christmas.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hey, is your copy of Shantaram from the libary? If so, can I get it when you're finished?