Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Forgot to list a book in '08.

While working on my Impossible Jigsaw Puzzle this morning, I saw Angela and the Baby Jesus, by Frank McCourt, lying on my art room table. Pat gave it to me for Christmas, and I read it right away, but forgot to list it. I just love Frank McCourt. This picture is on the back of the book's dust cover. He looks so sweet and Irish.


His brother Malachy is cute, too. They look so much older than I thought they'd be. I read Angela's Ashes, but if I read Malachy's book, I don't remember it. I wonder if Angela, who "stole" the creche figure, was their mother (don't know what gives me that idea).

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

They're mother was named Angela (she of Angela's Ashes) and I think the baby Jesus story is about her too. Malachy is not as good a writer as Frank. But actually, I haven't found any of Frank's adult books very good except for Angela's Ashes, which is awesome.