Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year, I guess.

I slept from 7:30 last night until 7:30 this morning. When I woke up and tried to speak to Mo, nothing happened. So I dialed the doctor's office and managed to croak and whisper till I made Marie understand my plight, then went to the pharm and picked up my Z-pack. It's strange, all the rest of me feels fine except my nose and sinuses, and I don't have a fever. But when you stop my voice, it's a ___ serious business.

My TV, phone and internet all depend on the cable, and it all crashed last Wednesday. I finally got Jed to coax them into sending someone out here yesterday. On Sunday morning, this nice man came out and attached the cable, which was lying in the yard, back to the utility pole, and everything came back up, albeit nervously and intermittently. The computer still every once in a while says it's not connected to the internet, but sometimes it is.

Yesterday I re-read The Beckoning Fair One by Oliver Onions. That is one scary little book or big story. That and The Willows, by Algernon Blackwood, are the scariest things I've ever read--except The Exorcist.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Hope you are feeling better! If you continue to have problems with your cable, then call Charter back!! Sometimes it's just a contest to see who will give up first - the cable company or the customer. Don't give up until it works right!

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Do you have that book, The Beckoning Fair One? I like to read it. Hope you feel better soon. Love, Suze