Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dreamcatcher Working Overtime

How boring, listening to other people's dreams! Right?

On rare occasions I'll dream one thing that I remember, but last night, wow! I dreamed about Barak Obama (puzzling), Sandra Hurst Busby and a school play (tiring), Daddy and a traffic jam and getting fueled up at a service station (happy), Vann's brothers (good), and Robert Dyer (funny).
*
When I turned on the computer this morning, I had an email from India, forwarding reports of Robert's rehab and good progress.
*
Yesterday, I made sort of a New Year's resolution. Apropos of being old, from now on I'm using my best china, silver and glassware. I'm having breakfast at 8:00 a.m., lunch with dessert at 1:00, "tea" at 5:00 p.m., and a light supper at 8:00. Every day, hot or cold, rain or shine, I'm going to walk outside for at least 20 minutes. Lord willing.

*
This afternoon I'm going to watch TV/inauguration pictures. I hope Martin's spirit is watching Barak getting sworn in, more of his Dream coming true.
*
Now, I'm running late on going to the post office. (Finally sold a book, the third sale this month.) I'm thinking about getting out of the book business. It's not as much fun as it used to be.


Curiouser and Curiouser (added at 1:56 p.m.):
Three of my dreams centered around this play that Sandra and I went to, where I couldn't understand a word spoken onstage. As we were leaving, three men whom I took to be Vann's brothers were discussing the play and making brief remarks like, "Good!" "All right!" etc.
*
I just took a look at Susan's blog, and she said that one of Vann's brothers had chest pains, that turned out NOT to be a heart attack.
*
In the dream about President Obama, Michelle was fussing at him because he told one of the children to quit climbing on him, because he was busy. Actually, she was really laying it onto him, saying he paid more attention to his work than to his family.
*
P.S. This morning I saw the hawk flying over, a yellowhammer on the tree nearest the house, a red bird that was smaller than a cardinal, and a little blue painted bunting.

No comments: