Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Do two unpleasant things every day..."

Meaning, I guess, two things you've put off doing because you hate to think about it. Ralph Waldo Emerson said that. Or maybe it was Judge Joe Brown.

Anyway, I guess I'm going to have to do something unpleasant tomorrow, like calling in for a {{{{shudder}}}} doctor's appointment. For several weeks, my left leg has been intermittently painful when I put my weight on it. Lately, it's often painful when I don't put my weight on it. Today it's a little better, but yesterday, my left knee was swollen to about one and two-thirds the size of the right one.

I've probably bruised a muscle with my little exercises, or with going up and down stairs in high-heeled shoes. Or it could be plain old arthritis. Or plain old "old age," although until this happened, I was feeling in me prime.

Whatever, I expect I must see what the doctor says, after he runs me through X-ray, CT scan, MRI, transesophageal electrocardiogram, a bone density exam, and a pint or so of blood-drawing.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

It was so nice to find someone else who likes Elvis ( I saw the pic from a previous post). There just aren't many of us left who remember the young Elvis.

I like you quilt, I haven't read the book but the colors of the quilt are beautiful. Are Mariner's compasses as hard as they look?

I enjoy reading your blog, didn't know you had written a novel...what is it called? I've never known a "novelist celebrity".

CJ said...

So did you make the appt? What was your second unpleasant thing to do today??
Today as I was scrubbing out the laundry room sink and grumbling to myself about why no one else can do this I thought...hmmmm, if Jesus had washed his dirty hands in here and left a mess would I be grumbling about the clean up?? I stopped grumbling and cleaned the sink with a grateful heart. ;)