Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Great (and Optimistic) Expectations

It's nice to sit here and feel books from around the country flying through the air towards me. I've ordered several from Bookins and from Amazon Marketplace. Here's a list of those that I expect to read before the end of the year, some of which I already own:

Cry To Heaven, by Anne Rice (September book club selection)
The Red Tree, Low Red Moon, and Daughter of Hounds, by Caitlin R. Kiernan
The Haunted Bookshop, by Christopher Morley
Beowulf's Children, by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle and Steven Barnes
Heavenly Powers, by Neil Asher Silberman

The nature of most of these titles is a bit unusual in my reading diet--vampires and grendels and things that go bumpity in the night. The Silberman book is about Judaic history and mysticism. To keep my balance, I'll probably read soothing works like Keats, Yeats and Fannie Flagg in between some of these.

A poem by me:

On Imitation (July 17, 1974)

Don't be a poet that cheats.
Don't be a sheep that bleats.
Don't copy Mr. Keats.
Don't copy Mr. Yeats.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

You're so funny!

Your sis,
Trois

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yeah.
Your other sis,
Deux (or everhow you spell that)

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think maybe I signed myself "God." My brain is a mishmash.