Monday, September 5, 2011

New poem

Il pleut.
Bonheur.
Je suis tres heureuse.

I'm not sure it rhymes. But it's true. How in the world do French babies ever learn to talk?

OK. I've solved the problem of floors for the doll house. Rather, Susan solved some of it for me by dropping off three Scrabble sets from the thrift store, so I can use the wood tiles. Thing is, I need to complete the repairs before doing any painting necessary, before I install the floors. But then it'll be done. I give myself three days for the job. On America's Next Top Handyman, they'd only get three hours.

Today is Labor Day. So je travaille.

6:45 p.m.: The sump pump was doing well until an hour or so ago, but now the basement is flooded. I guess you can't expect it to handle a real flood, which I think is what we're having.

Looking northwest
I had to stand out in the rain to get these pictures.

Northeast
The green in each of the back yard pictures is a little island strip with water on all sides.
Out the kitchen window
And the lights keep flickering off and on. I hope that's not a bad sign.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I'm sorry to hear about the basement, Mom. Get what you can carry, and we'll bulldoze the building when we can get heavy equipment in there.

Did water come back in through the hole in the wall?

Deb said...

Oh my stars, I hope your basement didn't flood too much. Three years ago, I was up to my knees in water, watching things drift by, in my basement. Very scary when you are by yourself. Be careful if you are down there.
I love your French poem! My French is rusty, so I had to use a dictionary for heureuse and travaille. Plus poemes en francais, s'il vous plait.
Hugs....

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Il pleuted a little too much, methinks. My power is out, and Alabama Power informs us that it could be as long as 10:00 pm, Sept 10 before it's back. Do you have power? I have a generator, so I'm ok. Just an aggravation (and expensive) to keep it going. But I thank the Lord for it anyway.