Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's Going On Here?

I don't understand. I used to be able to order a pizza about once a week and not feel too much of an effect on my bank account. Some time ago I switched to picking up the pizza to save $5-$10. Now, on this dark rainy day when a pizza would be so appropriate, I don't even have the wherewithal to go to the market and buy a Red Baron or even a Totino's to cook in the old gas oven.

The mailman just delivered the staircase for the dollhouse. The package is about 3 feet long, so I suspect I'm going to have to return the thing. It was supposed to be 14 inches long. I'm afraid to open the box.

Is Mercury retrograde? Worse, is Pluto back in my sign? I'm about ready to pack it up and move to Oregon, or Oklahoma or Ohio. Or the West Coast. No, not that. A bologna sandwich sounds good.
*
Worst Commercial (even worse than the Progressive one): The girl who sings (hollers), "OOhhhhhh, Pie in the sky, you know how I feel..."

I know it's not "pie in the sky." But that's what runs around in my head for a few hours, every time I accidentally hear a few bars of that commercial.

5 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I hate that commercial. It's for weight watchers and the singer is Jennifer Hudson. I love Jennifer, but I hate that commercial and that song and the way she sings it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh, and I think it is "Pie in the Sky."

Ramey Channell said...

Pizza pie in the sky sounds better than just plain pie in the sky! What you need is either a coupon, or an Italian boyfriend. Do you want me to bring a pizza home when I get off from work? That will be about 7:00.

Ramey Channell said...

Actually, meant to say 7:30.

Joanne Cage said...

Ramey: Wonderful pizzas you brought, as well as other goodies! You are some account! I thank you most sincerely. Now, if you could just come by and drop off the Italian boyfriend. . .