Thursday, January 19, 2012

Crossroads

The movie "Crossroads" (1986) was shown on TV last night, and I watched it, of course. They don't make movies that good any more, and probably never will again-- Is that true, or is it just the old-timer's classic "good old days" versus "bad new days"? It's a subjective thing, of course.

Watching the movie on TV saved me the difficulty of opening my new DVD package and figuring out which remote to use to play the disc, all of which I've been putting off for a month or more. I've got several unwatched DVD's. Must remember to arrange another tutoring session with Jed, and label the relevant remote. I may not be tech-smart, but at least my kids are.

I think I'll copy Roger Ebert and start a Four-Star Movie column on this blog.

6 comments:

Deb said...

That is a wonderful movie. I love all of the music it. I don't think liking a movie, or not, has anything to do with 'age'. I love so many movies that were made 'before my time', but I also like many movies that were made recently. I think it is just our taste or possibly how our life is at the time. I know that I cannot watch certain movies if I am upset or sad, as they will push me over the edge. I also have movies that I watch only during certain times of my life. Movies speak to each of us in different ways; comforting, making us laugh, cry, or possibly even teaching us a 'life lesson'. Wow, I do ramble!
I think running a 'movie critic' sidebar would be excellent!
Hugs...

Ramey Channell said...

I like the 5-star-movie list idea! Look forward to seeing it.

Ramey Channell said...

Oh, I mean 4 star movies! Whatever number you feel is appropriate!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Is that a movie about Robert Johnson, I think his name was. The guitar player who sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads?

Joanne Cage said...

Joe Seneca plays Willie Brown, who tells about Robert Johnson, and who went down to the Crossroads himself. Now he's trying to get hold of old Scratch again, to cancel the contract.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sounds good. I gotta see this.