Friday, January 6, 2012

Then We Came To the End

By Joshua Ferris

I started reading this book about an advertising agency where employees were being laid off left and right. Good writing, but execrable personae and lack of story. Several times I started to quit reading it. Man, I thought, I hate these people, and I'm not a person who hates people. I'm not a person who keeps on reading a bothersome book just because I don't have anything better to read.

And then, after so many pages of no positive reactions except to the most offensive characters, on page 108 I find myself rubbing my eyes and screaming with a sick sort of laughter, just because they finally revealed who stole Tom Mota's chair.

Come to think of it, Brizz's totem pole was pretty good, too. I guess I'll read a few more pages.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any better ... :)

Joanne Cage said...

One of those books where, when you come to the end, you realize how much you've screamed and cussed and cried. I like 'em.