Sunday, August 3, 2014

Grandmother Goose

I think I've got all my crazy poems together and sort of adjusted for the book to submit to Negative Capability Press. The title will include "Grandmother Goose" in some way.

I was thinking the manuscript had to be 75-100 pages long. But checking the website, I see it's 50-125 pages. So that gives me more room, or less, whichever I decide. The site said the winner will be given an opportunity for revision before publication, so I'm thinking just throw them all in there, including some Alabama Limericks and "The Rime of the Absent-Minded Manager." Maybe some of them will hit the target.

*

My cupboard is 9/10 bare, so I have to go to the store sometime today. Or just keep on eating cereal and one-day expired milk.

*

The grass is turning brown, and leaves are falling like snow from the water-oaks. I need to get my weird sisters to do a rain dance.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I was just thinking of calling Pat and telling her we gotta get our grove on.