Monday, August 18, 2014

"Travelers must be content."

This is a photo we took of horses in the New Forest. Sorry camera, right? I enjoyed being in England, but now and then, I couldn't help recalling Touchstone's complaint in As You Like It:

"Ay, now I am in Arden, the more fool I.
When I was at home, I was in a better place,
But travelers must be content."
***
I was so glad to see Jed this weekend. I miss him when he's not here. Saturday evening we went over to Susan's and watched two very good movies on her big TV: Kevin Spacey and Gabriel Byrne in "The Usual Suspects," and "The House of the Spirits." Then Saturday Pat joined us for lunch at the good old Cracker Barrel, where I chowed down on chicken and dumplings and a whole bunch of vegetables. Reading the dessert menu, I almost succumbed to "baked apple dumpling," but really couldn't hold another bite. I said the next time I come to Cracker Barrel, I'm going to eat dessert first.
***
Last night I watched a movie about Peter and Paul. The role of Nero was played by a young Julian Fellowes! I Googled it, and sure enough, it was the creator of "Downton Abbey."

No comments: