Friday, February 13, 2015

Christmas in February

Amaryllis
I guess I should have waited until they're fully opened, but I'm so thrilled to have a living, blooming plant in my house! This was a Christmas gift from my lovely sister--which one, I don't remember, but I thank them both.

I think I'm going to paint this pitcher/picture:


The way to make time pass quickly is to make a clinic appointment and a dental appointment in the same week. I know, because that's what I've got next week. Stress test Monday; I'm betting my heart graduates cum laude.

If I ever succeed in establishing a détente with the medical arts, I think I'm going to start painting again. Maybe even writing.
Helen Van Wyk. I used to watch her and Bob Ross on PBS, and admired their paintings. Helen did mostly still lifes and portraits, and Bob Ross did mountains and scenery with a palette knife.

*
The dental appointment is for Tuesday, the 24th, instead of next week. Just that much longer to dread it. Grumble, grumble.

No comments: