Wednesday, February 18, 2015

William Goldman

The Novelist and Screen-writer Genius of the Age.



"Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "The Princess Bride," and "Marathon Man" were all his from start to finish. He wrote the screenplay for "Misery," said to be Stephen King's most difficult novel to adapt to screen.

Goldman is 83 years old.

[Images listed as "free."]

*
What's Fair About This?

As if winter weren't hard enough to begin with, my whole winter, and one autumn month, have been dominated and spoilt by clinic, hospital and dental visits. I guess it is my fair share, after a generally healthy adulthood. When it starts catching up to you, you might as well hunker down and deal with it. It has left me with tremors in both hands, and sometime in my knees--my kneecaps will jump up and down!

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Goldman also writes books about Hollywood and his experiences in the screenwriting business. I've read some of the free previews from Amazon - they're pretty good.