Friday, February 6, 2015

Very cautiously climbing to "remount" my pottery collection, after the cabinets have had some repairs and new paint.


I haven't run all of them through the dishwasher yet. It's amazing how the collection has grown.

Come spring, I'm going to have a seriously huge yard sale, maybe run it for a week. I need to get rid of things I don't use, things that are hidden away in cabinets and closets. Things. But not my pottery collection.

That "new" pitcher on the table was from a guy in Texas who called himself "The Blue-Eyed Indian." It was made in a Texas pottery, but I don't know if the "Indian" was connected with the pottery.
*
The book club meeting yesterday was a great success. We had lunch at the lovely Music Room in Leeds, then discussed The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The Music Room is definitely a keeper; I hope it keeps going and going.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I might think about joining you for the yard sale. Keep in mind that I'm saying this on a day when my back pain and Fibro are both low grade. Things can change in an instant around here. But I srely have a ton of stuff that needs to go.