Sunday, February 15, 2015

Soup du jour

Chicken with fresh steamed broccoli. A sprinkle of Colby and Monterey Jack. Plus another delicious corn casserole, topped with crisp bacon slices. I eat too much.

The weather for tomorrow is supposed to be heavy rain, so I'm going to call the Clinic and ask them to reschedule my stress test. I think it will take most of the day, and I may not even feel like driving home, let alone in a rainstorm.

Downton Abbey tonight. Last night I watched "Ghosts of Mississippi" on the Sundance channel. That is a most excellent movie, and along with "Beetlejuice," "The Confession," and "The Shadow," one of the reasons I think Alec Baldwin is a great actor. Or was. I think maybe making "Mercury Rising" and "The Juror" spoiled his disposition. They are both good movies, but very violent.

This morning TCM showed "Girl with a Pearl Earring." If it hadn't been so beautiful, it would have been boring. And had the most annoying musical score I've heard in a while. If I ever watch it again, I'll just leave the sound off.

1 comment:

Deb said...

The soup sounds delicious! I love soup, especially in winter. I made potato soup Saturday and had rolls with it and plenty of cheese. My grandmother love fixing stews. Her house always smelled so good and always made your stomach rumble! I haven't watched The Shadow for many years. I have tapes of the radio show. I think I was born in the wrong era, as I love radio programs. I listen to the BBC radio dramas and mysteries. It's nice to have them on when I sew. Did you receive the e-mail I sent to you? I sent it to the charter.net address. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it again. If you did get it, I am not rushing you (it was about the interview). Just want to know if the address is a good one or not. I'm off to try to crochet. Have brain-fog today and the weather is playing with my arthritis. I don't like arthritis sometimes:)
Hope you are keeping warm and safe from the weather.
Tons of hugs and kisses,
Deb