Sunday, April 3, 2016

Catching Up

When Jed was here last weekend, we watched the whole first season of "Poldark" on Roku or Amazon. The second season starts in the fall. I think. Or maybe next January. I'm amazed at how good a story it is, and the actors are good, too.

Today I had a great big tossed salad for lunch. While I was preparing it, I kept noticing all this fresh, dried and canned fruit sitting around, and thought now somebody needs to eat all that. So I made a rather awesome fruit salad, which I'll eat this week and hope it lasts past Monday. Forgot to dump in a bag of pecan halves, but can add those to individual servings. Those little dried things are cranberries. I didn't see any raisins, but maybe I'll find some.


Book Club meets next Tuesday, if we don't change the date. The book is Old Dogs and Children by Robert Inman, a very excellent book, chosen by one of my excellent sisters, I'm not sure which.

*

If I ever feel strong enough (mind, I didn't say talented enough) to try to paint something, I want to paint that Warrior River scene with the people along the bank fishing. (Picture below, from our Moundville trip.)

No comments: