Saturday, April 30, 2016

Oh, me!

I had forgot that I have a walk-in closet. Last night I got a bee in my bonnet and partially cleaned it out.


So far there are two trash bags of stuff to throw away, one trash bag of stuff to donate, and the rest of those items out in the floor. Still in the closet are two big suitcases, several smaller bags. 2 bolts of fabric, & a three-shelf wire rack full of folded sweaters and things. Not counting the hanging clothes and the things [dolls] on the high built-in shelves that I'm ignoring because I can't reach them.

That pile of stuff in the hall outside my door are a set of queen-sized sheets that I had lost, and more very large pieces of fabric.

I need to have a yard sale. But as sure as I schedule a week-end sale, the skies will open up and pour rivers of water all over everything.

Oh--the shoes are against the wall on the other side of the bed, all except those old hikers beside the big doll's box. Wurra wurra!

*

9:00 p.m. I just watched The Uninvited (1944) on TCM, with Ray Milland, Gail Russell, Ruth Hussey and Donald Crisp, all great actors. I don't know which ghost movie I like better, The Uninvited, or The Haunting of Hill House, (1959) with Julie Harris, Claire Bloom and Richard Johnson. The Uninvited is rather naïve in some ways, partly owing to Ray Milland's sunny personality. The Haunting of Hill House is a bit more sophisticated, and a hundred times scarier, but I'm not fond of any of the actors except Claire Bloom.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

And anyway, yard sales will just about kill you. I donate now and take the tax credit. Much easier on the body.