Saturday, July 24, 2010

Art Nouveau influences in American Arts & Crafts















Mucha, Galle, Daum, Lalique--

Peacocks, butterflies, cats, grapevines, women with weird hair--


There are quite a few of these elements in my hoard of stuff, such as my charcoal peacock drawing, a peacock picture on a basket by Ramey, a tumbler or vase with raised vines twisting around it, my Pompeiia painting, a crystal cat that's almost identical to a Lalique cat, and lots of other things.

If I could just get it all together!

Ramey's book signing in B'ham is set for next Saturday, so I'll have to postpone my yard sale--which I needed to do anyway. Sometime in August, the weather will probably take a turn towards Autumn, and that will give me more time to get things organized, anyway.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Still no word on the doors - I'm calling again tomorrow. By the way, I like your idea of a pergola for the deck. We could buy one and put it in place, or build one from scratch (if we ever get the time).

Would you want to put vines on it? A big pot at each corner could make for a nice sun screen.