Sunday, December 29, 2013

Lovely Christmas, Lovely Birthday

Someday I shall regale the world with an account of the symptoms of withdrawal from the codeine in cough medicine. Or maybe not. But in between those, I had the most wonderful week of celebration with family. Even received a card from my lovely and famous niece on the other side of the world in far-off Rhode Island.

Jed got me set up with a new paint set, rainbows of colors in oil, acrylic and water, bunches of brushes, canvas boards and water-color pads, and even a portable easel for the small work. So I take it as a mandate to paint pictures, however limited my expertise and inspiration. Lovely gifts and good wishes from all my kin. Many thanks.  I'm going to paint something, as soon as I finish reading The Far Side Of the World by Patrick O'Brian. This is one of the best books ever written by anybody anywhere. Of course you have to know a foretopgallant mainsail from a jib boom.

3 comments:

Deb said...

So, what are you going to paint first?

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

It was a fine holiday season. Thanks again for the pretty red apron. I wore it for a while yesterday, but took it off before I did any actually messy work. Didn't want to mess it up.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.