Thursday, December 5, 2013

Worse and worse

 
"If I feel tomorrow, the way I feel today,
I'm gonna pack up my bags, and make my get-away!"


More accurately, if I don't feel better by this afternoon, I may call 911 and get myself transported to the ER. I remember taking azithromycin several years ago: It doesn't seem to be doing anything as long as you're taking it, but after you finish the course, you begin to feel a wee tiny bit better every day for about a month, until you almost feel normal.

And I get a teaspoon of "cough medicine" every four hours, which keeps me drowsy and makes me doze off every time I sit down, if I can keep from coughing long enough to fall asleep.

I did manage to sleep nearly four consecutive hours last night, on the couch propped up in a half-sitting position.

I hate to whine, but this is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

Hope you soon recover from your pestilent affliction. Some years ago when everybody in Leeds had a cough, I had it too, and it lasted for weeks and weeks. But then we recovered.